Lights Church Family,
Good Morning! Just in case anyone is wondering, God is still on His throne! On Sunday evening, I was in prayer and I felt the Lord impressing me to get ready for service in a new format this week. I then called a local pastor friend of mine and he was hearing the same thing. All of this was underscored yesterday when the City of Fort Worth instituted a mandatory restriction of all planned public gatherings to 125 people or half of the building occupancy (whichever is less) both of which are well under our Sunday morning numbers.
That being said, after prayer and seeking God’s wisdom for this week’s service, we are going to have online service this Sunday morning. I am genuinely excited about this as it will be new territory for us and will give all volunteers a restful day off as well.
So in the meantime, here are the marching orders for this week:
- Do not fear! Fear clouds our ability to hear the voice of God. Speak only faith and don’t let your mind get caught up in the panic of the world. #whatfearstartedfaithwillfinish
- Pray for our church family, city, state, nation and the world. This crisis is setting the stage for the greatest move of God the world has ever seen.
- Be a light to those around you and ask God for creative ways to shine. (maybe offer to get groceries for the elderly or bless your neighbor with some toilet paper!)
- Invite a friend to join us online for service. In times of uncertainty, people are most open to the Gospel.
- If you are off work or at home with your family, embrace the moment, spend quality time with the Lord and your family!
We are MOVING our service online to Facebook live at 10 am (for those without Facebook, we will also provide a link to YouTube as well). The Word will be preached!!!
In light of all this, let’s look at the promises of God in Psalms 91:2-6, 9-12 (MSG)
Say this: “God, you’re my refuge.
I trust in you and I’m safe!”
That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you—
under them you’re perfectly safe;
his arms fend off all harm.
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
not disaster that erupts at high noon…….
Yes, because God’s your refuge,
the High God your very own home,
Evil can’t get close to you,
harm can’t get through the door.
He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling.
What powerful promises! God covers us in the midst of any attack. Our job is to rest in His presence.
I share these things because I believe we are in the greatest season the Body of Christ has experienced in 2000 years. This is That which has been prophesied. This is our time to shine and our greatest days are ahead. Get ready for REVIVAL.
Once again, although we are not gathering in person this week, we will be having service on our Lights Church Facebook page Sunday morning at 10 am.
I am fired up about the Word that God has given me and I am looking forward to seeing you all online Sunday morning! Remember, WHAT FEAR STARTED, FAITH WILL FINISH!